Updated News Alert
Thank you to all our wonderful library supporters. We are appreciative that the Warren County Board of Supervisors has allocated additional funding to cover library operations for the second quarter through December 31, 2023.
In response to the recent controversy regarding the book collection, the Warren County Board of Supervisors has put forward a Library Funding Agreement (sometimes called a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA)). The Samuels Public Library Board of Trustees has countered with a more acceptable MOA in keeping with responses from the many patrons who do not want to alter the mission, collections, and services which the library has always provided. We are hopeful that progress is being made on the MOAs so that full funding can be restored.
Below you will find copies of the MOAs.
To continue showing your support, please continue to monitor the news and keep in contact with your county supervisor.
The Friends of Samuels Public Library seek to support Samuels Public Library’s mission by:
- promoting a diverse and active membership in the Friends
- enhancing the Library’s financial resources for its provision of literacy and cultural opportunities in the community
- supporting and sponsoring family, adult, and children’s programming
- providing volunteer assistance for the Library operations
- stimulating community awareness of the Library as a valuable educational resource
September 28th - October 2nd
The Friends of Samuels Library will host their annual book sale soon - stock up your shelves while supporting the library! Homemade baked-goods will also be available September 29th and 30th.
Special Preview for FOSL Members
- September 28th | 5:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Not a FOSL member? Join at the door!
- Note: Book re-sellers must purchase $35 membership to shop at preview
Open to Public
- September 29th & 30th | 10:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- October 2nd | 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (Or while supplies last)
- Monday is Name-Your-Own-Price Day!